Submit Your Project Ideas During
LIFT’s 2020 Fast Forge Project Call!
LIFT will once again be offering the opportunity for U.S. manufacturers and other organizations to submit project ideas for funding through its Fast Forge program.
The “Fast Forge” program is designed to solicit exciting new project ideas connecting materials, processes and systems and develop those ideas on a shorter timeline.
Project ideas should align with LIFT’s main technology focus areas of:
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) and Computational Engineering;
- Advanced Alloy and Process Development;
- Multi-Material Joining, and;
- Applications of Additive, Metamorphic and Future Manufacturing.
Some of the below criteria will be taken into consideration when evaluating programs for funding:
- Proposed Project Budget: LIFT provided funding not to exceed $100,000 and, although not required, industry cost-share contributions are strongly encouraged
- Proposed Project Technology Level: Project ideas must be at a minimum TRL/MRL level of 4 to be considered
- Proposed Project Timing: Projects should be completed within six months
- Proposed Project Location: Proposals should include utilization of the LIFT high bay facility.
Download the Fast Forge 2020 Submission Form Here
Project submission deadline is November 6, 2020
LIFT will hold weekly sessions to answer questions about the selection, funding and program management processes.
Register for the weekly sessions by clicking below: