NEWS & EVENTS
FabLab Update: Manufacturing USA Awards Coming Soon!
In September 2017, Manufacturing USA announced the application process for the first ever Manufacturing USA Awards designed to honor the best and brightest minds in manufacturing by recognizing students and mentors throughout the USA who demonstrate what it means to “make.”
Due to a rising interest in the Manufacturing USA Awards and the FabLab Science & Innovation Awards, the event will now be hosted 14-15 April 2018 with the biggest and the brightest names in science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics (STEAM) and manufacturing!
The date shift allows for the participation of big name personalities in STEAM and manufacturing that will provide the Awards with a promotional launching point necessary to insure success.
As we will be publicly announcing the Awards and Science Fair in the near future, Manufacturing USA and the FabLab producers can approach new potential partners assured of the participation of key stars, organizations, and firm dates.
Thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest in the Manufacturing USA Awards and FabLab Science & Innovation Awards. If you are still interested in engaging it’s not too late!
- Opportunities available for industry and academia to engage with the science fair and/or awards show include, but are not limited to:
– Reserve booth space for your organization to exhibit at the science fair (free)
– Sponsor the event (cost to be negotiated)
– Demonstrate a new technology during the science fair or awards show (cost to be negotiated)
– Promote the event through publication of press releases on your organization’s media platforms (free)
– Encourage award submissions by your employees/staff/students (free)
- Benefits of participation to industry and academia:
– Participate in an exciting new forum around STEAM and manufacturing innovation
– Aid in rebranding the manufacturing sector
– Showcase your organization’s innovative technologies and career opportunities
– Inspire kids to explore careers in STEAM and manufacturing through interactive experiences
– Encourage parents and educators to promote STEAM-related education and workforce development initiatives
If you are interested in getting involved, please reach out again to Bree Falato (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mike Burg (email@example.com), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
And keep an eye out for the FabLab Science & Innovation Awards website and official press release coming soon!