NEWS & EVENTS
LEAP Project Call Q&A
You are invited to learn more about LIFT’s LEAP Project Call.
The project call, similar to the institutes previous “Fast Forge” calls, is designed to solicit exciting new project ideas connecting materials, processes and systems, and bring them to completion on a shorter timeline.
Project ideas should align with LIFT’s main technology pillars with focus in areas of:
- Simulation and manufacturing of hybrid materials, such as MMCs or CMCs
- High-throughput characterization for rapid qualification of materials, processes, and/or parts.
- Simulation and manufacturing of functionally graded materials
- Solid-state joining of significantly dissimilar materials (e.g. glass/sapphire to metal, MMCs to CMCs or ceramic to metal)
- Advanced diagnostics for process adjustments and predictive maintenance