In powder processing, metal powder is generally squeezed, sintered and/or sprayed to form parts, sheet or plate, allowing great control over the final composition of the end product, its properties and yield.
Why Powder Processing?
- Reduce design production time
- Improve Performance
- Reduce production steps and scrap
- Broaden and diversity supply chain
- Create opportunities to mix metals precisely to generate specific properties
- Cut machining and materials costs for complex components
- Allow new uses for lightweight materials
William Peter, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Full Pillar Roadmaps
For the full roadmap, visit the Pillar Roadmaps page in the member’s only section